Friday, August 19, 2005

Secret Pal supplement questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Yarn snob!

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I can crochet a little bit, and I'd like to learn to spin someday.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

No angora, please.


4. How long have you been knitting?

Since I was a little girl, but I just picked it up seriously about 2 years ago now?

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I think it's in my other question sheet.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I think thing that are more herbal-y then flowery or fruity. So Green tea, ginger, lavender, citrus or Asian-type florals. Nothing that smells like a Strawberry shortcake doll.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

A whole mouth of them

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Lots of things- I sew also, I like origami, but I've given up a lot of my hobbies to buy yarn. Needle felting looks neat.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like a lot of music from classic rock like Pink Floyd, to jazz music, to punk and 'alternative', to new things like the Killers.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

I like brights, jewel and earth tones. I love Orange and green. Not a fan of baby colors or pinks and purples. It's ok if it's part of a fun variegated though, I won't freak over a bit of pink mixed in. :)

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married and I have a kitty named Darwin, and some fish.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

I really want to travel more.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I love Anne by Schaefer Yarns, koigu, rowan, handspun and hainpainted stuff and I am pretty fond of knitpick's yarns. Alpaca is super. :)

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Angora, because it makes me break out in hives.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I'm trying to improve on fair isle so I can start making some of those great Russian and Lavitian mittens and gloves.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Mittens, gloves, sweaters

17. What are you knitting right now?
a belt, a sweater, and a scarf.


18. What do you think about ponchos?

I have one, but it's out of Manos. So how can it be bad? One is enough, though.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

It depends. I have a lot of straights. I love bryspun circulars that just came out. I only have them in size 4 so far (hint)

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bryspun/bryflex are my favorites, metal next. Not a big wood or bamboo fan.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

I knit socks, but am not an obessive sock knitter.

22. How did you learn to knit?

Mom taught me!


23. How old is your oldest UFO?

1 year....it needs to be ripped I think.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Snoopy

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween
26. Is there anything that you collect?
trouble?

27. Any projects you want to make but haven't gotten there yet?
Many...

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ha! What a great day for me, your Knitty SP 5, to drop in on you! Thanks for the information. I've printed out this as well as your questionnaire and am eager to start putting aside surprises to send you!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Yay! Nice to meet you SP! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home