Things that are hard
I've been working on a knitted design I've had cooking in my head for a while now. I can't really tell you much about the details, since I want to try to publish it. It will rear it's head one way or another, for now I'll call it the Thing.
It's really hard to knit something just out of your head. I've never really done it before, and I have a whole new respect for people who write patterns all the time. The Thing isn't anything crazy. I just found myself running into unexpected construction issues that I would have to solve. My usual cast on technique wouldn't work. I had to change the bind off. Of course this on top of the swatching, the adjusting, and all the math involved.
So I took the beta version of the Thing to knitting circle to see what everyone thought. This is a really good thing to do. I had one really good suggestion over and over again. So I ripped back and made the change. I never would have thought of it on my own and I like the results.
So now the Thing is out of beta and I have Thing Version 1.0. Now I get to try to write a pattern that makes sense.