Thursday, January 26, 2006

Drexel's Dragon

Well, here it is, the critter keeping several people up for a few nights this week:



This is a fossil crocodile Thoracosaurus neocesariensis . I helped Ken Lacovara and Jason Poole his team of preparators from the prep lab- the one I used to work at at The Academy Of Natural Sciences- set up the display this week. All this week. You can read all about the thing by clicking on the 'Drexel Dragon' title above.



Here is Dr. Ken at the press release. If you watched the news tonight or tuned into KYW in Philly you heard about our "croco-stimpy".

I printed the signs and backdrops- something that resulted in a freak-out on my end. I had to be talked down late Tuesday night though, when it looked like I was losing the Sherry vs technology battle. It came out OK I think. Wednesday I helped set up the display, and while we where up late, it was fun hanging out with Ken, Jason and Ken's students.

Anyway, if your here to read about knitting I've only knitted like 4 rows this week. Oh well, it's all for science!

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Donna said...

How cool! You should be proud of helping out with a neat project like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home