Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Dye

So tonight I just decided to make a mess and dye some yarn.

Can you guess what this is for?



That's right my Pastafarian friends, this is for the Flying spaghetti Monster knitalong!

I realized that plain wool wasn't going to make very nice noodly appendages. So I dyed about 100ft of worsted weight Knitpicks dye your own using a scant amount of Cushing's acid dye in "Aqualon yellow" (like about 1/8 tsp) in 4 cups almost boiling water and some vinegar. I let it set until almost all the dye was soaked up. I think it looks noodly!

I also colored some laceweight Knitpicks dye your own. Probably for the IK Flower basket shawl:



This is half a packet of Cushing's 'terra cotta'. I love hand dyed solids and how the colors are never a true solid. I think it will make a really nice shawl and I'm quite pleased with it!

On another note, The Thing has been submitted to Knitty. Now we just wait a couple weeks to see if Amy likes it!

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Stephanie said...

Wow, that looks so noodley it's almost creepy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home