Monday, January 02, 2006

Paradox

The paradoxical mittens move to the FO pile today:



The thumb decreases on the right one came out a bit funky, but I think I'm going to leave it alone. A human knitted it, you know. I need four more pairs of mittens or gloves for my "pair for every day of the week" goal.

Next thing to finish ASAP is the last demo for the second option for "The Thing" Knitty project. The last one I knit was a gift, and in black yarn that did not show the detail well enough for photos. So I'm making one in a lighter color. Hubby took some pictures of the first pattern option of "the Thing" yesterday and I got a photo good enough to submit.

After the Thing project, I'm starting right on The IK cabled shrug and those baby booties I didn't get to.

Today is the last night of vacation, then back to the salt mines. Yesterday Hubby and I went out and took some photos around town. Here is one I thought came out well:

7 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Donna said...

UGH! The salt mines. I'm heading there tomorrow myself. Pity we can't win the lottery and then sing to our employers "take this job and shove it."

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

I am so impressed with those mittens it's ridiculous.

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'd be in trouble wearing those mittens -- I'd spend too much time just staring at my own hands. Very fun.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Those are some of the best mittens I've seen in a while! Wow.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger miastick said...

Wow- those mittens are fab! Congratulations!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Carola said...

Your mittens are smashing. What a great pattern, I would do with Laura and stare at my hands the whole time. Truly great. Is there some lining inside or is it just some shadow effect?

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

carola, there is a 2" ribbed cuff that flips inside to help keep the mitten on, with a scant row showing for fun. It's knitted in a contrast yarn (bright green in this case)and in a needle size smaller.

Actually, this pattern is pretty easy to follow and not a bad choice for perhaps a second fair isle project. The chart is pretty easy to 'read', and Lucy Neatby has great directions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home