Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic update- day 3

Here is my progress on the Flower Basket shawl:


Flower basket Posted by Picasa

I'm done the ripping and screaming stage I seem to have to go through while learning the lace repeats. Note all the lifelines. It's not a hard pattern, but those YO's near the markers are easy to miss, and it took me a while to notice the pattern isn't exactly symmetrical on both sides.

It's now halfway through the 3rd repeat of the lower chart (out of a total of 7/8 repeats, depending when my yarn runs out). I think I'm going to make it.

Little Baskets:


closeup of baskets Posted by Picasa

At the Torino Olympics, I love the American Snowboard team! I was so upset when Kelly Clark washed out! She flew so high, she could have taken on any Flying Tomatoes. Her run isn't getting enough press.

Did anyone just cry when the woman skater Zhang Dan got back up and not only finished the routine, but finished well? I'm not very weepy, but what courage!

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!


Hearts Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Wow! The FBS looks great - what a gorgeous color!

I was bummed about Kelly Clark, too - she could absolutely have taken on the boys. I think they shafted her on those scores.

And yes - I teared up a bit at the skating. I was thrilled that they got the silver for it, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home