Friday, March 31, 2006

FLASH MY STASH 2006!

My stash is in three main locations:

The ‘tupperware’ bin:


About three years ago, I decided that this was going to be a limit for my stash. Once this bin was full, that was it. You can all stop laughing now.



The contents of the bin (from top left):
Jo Sharp Aran tweed (12), 2 ‘cheeses’ of Fingerlakes Unspun, DROPS alpaca in 2 colors (4), Fortissma Socka (2), Zara (2)
Alpaca Silk (4), lace mohair (3), Eros (2), Indectia Alpaca (5), Divine Blues (2), Jo Sharp Aran tweed (2), Rittratto
Inca Alpaca (12), Cascade 220 (3), Handpantedwool.com sock yarn*, wool ease, recycled silk (2), Schaeffer Anne**, Lana Grossa sock yarn (3)

*I don’t think you can get this any more!
** First skein-admit you have a problem.

Everyone has a ‘bag of mystery’, leftovers and such:



Oh, and how about a full shopping bag of Koigu mill ends?


You want to roll in it, don't you?

The Ikea under the bed bag:
When reality set in and I couldn’t stuff any more yarn in the tupperware bin, I got this:



In here you will find:

Thick and thin yarn to be dyed, KP dye your own in fingering and laceweight (4), KP’s wool of the Andes (4), Thrummed mitten kit, cool aid dyed yarn (2), cascade 220 tweed, and squiggle (2),
Lornas’ laces Shepard sock (2), koigu (2), kp sock landscape* (2), Caron simply soft for ‘Kate’ kitty (3), Decadent fibers ‘pulled taffy’ (2), Oak Grove Silk Gemini (4), mountain mohair (2),
KP shimmer in 2 colors (5), Shakespeare (7), Kueyon ,Anne **

*Did I mention I don’t knit socks much?
** More Anne…hmmmmm…Anne

Plus, 25 skeins of KP palette for fair isle mittens (a lot of mittens):




The Footstool:

This is the ‘on deck’ area for projects I want to start soon, or projects in progress.



In here:
Kp wool of the andes, 2 colors for ribby cardi(12), handyed yarn, blue graduated and self striping rainbow (4), fingering merino on cones (2)
Jaeger Trinity (4), Schaeffer Anne (3)*
Karbella soft tweed (4), Rowan Calmer, Classic Elite Provence, KP Alpaca cloud, Schaeffer Anne (2)**, Windy Valley Muskox Quivik

* My precious…
**I told you I had a problem

12 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Koigu mill ends??? What's the magic secret for finding that???? Oh, that would be such trouble.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Maryland sheep and wool festival! It's the only place they sell them...for pennies a gram!!!

You just have to get there really fast Saturday AM and RUN for the tent, and shove the slobbering hordes. I almost didn't get any last year.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger thomasina said...

Whoo! Schaefer Anne! One of my favorite yarns, I've used it in shawls for me and my sisters.

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'll stop buying yarn when the bin is full". Yea, I said that once. Now I have an entire school cabinet full. You are not alone...lol.

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Mary deB said...

Yup, that'd make a lot of mittens!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

I love your ingenuity for finding new places to stash yarn!

Jealous of the koigu mill ends!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Highly jealous of the Koigu mill ends. I'll have to try to get to the tent at S&W.

And the footstool? I have the EXACT same Ikea basket as my WIP basket! I love it!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Footstool and under the bed box - might need them soon myself...

My Stash Flash

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

koooooiiiiiiiggguuuuu

I totally do want to roll in that.

Natch!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Great stash - especially the Koigu mill ends ;)

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought that same IKEA footstool for 'overflow' and it filled up in less than two weeks ;o)

Nice stash!

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*joins in the coveting of Koigu mill ends*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home