Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ides of March

I finally got notice that Knitty is not accepting my pattern for 'the Thing'. I'm a bit disappointed, I have to say. I understand the rejection but I guess I got my hopes up, the new issue is out in 2 weeks. They state in the submission guidelines that if they are not interested they tell you as soon as possible, and if you have to wait a bit, you are on the consideration list.

So I have been knitting while I've been quiet. First is this felted llama for my friend Joe's 30th birthday. He's a llama nut!

I don't think Darwin likes the llama.

Here are some other gifts I've been working on:

3 'retirement' hats.

I finished Veste Everest, photo pending.

Finally, this is what I got from my SP6...

The 'hanging garden' stole from Knitpicks/Silvia Harding and the gorgeous alpaca cloud with it. Thanks SP!

1 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Knitty didn't accept your pattern - I can only guess that they get such a lot of pattern that it must be quite tough deciding for only a few ones. Perhaps you could try getting it accepted somewhere else? Good luck with that!
I love the FO's you showed - that llama is so cute - and and so is Darwin, though he seems a bit skeptical indeed!
Have fun knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home