Sunday, April 23, 2006

Goodbye, fat yarn

Sunrise Circle is all done, and now all the worsted wools retire for the season.


Man, this thing is a bear to finish. I even like to do seaming and blocking, but this took me ALL DAY. Block it, seam the circle edges. Steam block the edges again, Sew everything together. Mess around with button and loop placement for an hour. Crochet chain the loops...I never thought it would end.

(This picture has a really weird perspective thing going on...my hips do not stick out from my body further then my shoulders).

The sleeves are a bit long on purpose. I hate short cuffs, especially on outerwear.

Oh, I had just enough yarn left. See?

The yarn gods loved me.

I'm going to take a few day's breather and just putz around with my spindle and sock, before I start The lotus blossom shawl.

3 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Yay! I really like it - it's very flattering on you. And I love the color!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Looks great, can't wait to see it in person!

W

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

SWEEEEEET!! It's gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home