Monday, April 10, 2006

Harlot

Tonight at Loop I got to meet the Yarn Harlot

She is just as funny and adorable in person, if not more so. She knit on her sock up to the last moment before she started to speak. I hope I didn't jabber like a moron to her. She may scoop cat sand like the rest of us, but I still wasn't sure what to say. "Hi, I like your books!" Urgh.

She's wearing her Flower Basket shawl, and I was wearing mine! Darn it, why didn't I have someone take a picture of that????

Anyway, here are some of the lovely ladies from knitting Circle there for the event:
Knitty D

I can't wait for the podcast (but the Yankees rule).

Knister Chelle

Lisa


Lots of others where crammed in there that dodged my camera, Like Purlewe and Knit in the City.

Oh, and after breaking it again, I have decided that yarn diets are for wimps. They had two matching skeins of a lovely blue Anne and they fell RIGHT in my bag.

I've been working on UFOs. I'm done with that dratted hemp cord bag, and I picked up a pair of socks I deserted. I deserve a treat for that.

Besides, after taking the stash quiz in Kniting Rules, I'm only a stage B stasher and can continue to hoard.
Stephanie said so.

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Donna said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!! You met Stephanie!!!!!!!!!! How awesome is that? I adore her. She seems so REAL! Have you seen that TV show Bones? I think it is on Fox. The female star looks so much like our Harlot.

You are right. Yarn diets are for wimps. That's why I never started one. :)

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Isn't it great to have friends who are yarn enablers!

Thank you so much for your Blog 101 lessons last night. I have made progress : )

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Shopping Blog said...

Getting a topaz ring as links london jewellery jewelry gifts from better-half is no lower than an awesome joy. discount links of london bracelets Many ladies do admire such jewelry sparkling through charms links of london their fingers. If you may get to own one as gift, links of london silver watches you will definitely appreciate such beauty and elegance for high class cheap links of london necklaces type of jewelry. Those who know what the actual worth of gemstones will links london pendants certainly love to have one added into their collection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home