Friday, April 07, 2006

Hello, moto

Due to the lovely tree flowers that hate me so, I have been a bit under the weather.

So I have a giant blog update for you. I am happy that now I get home while it's still daylight, so my photos are going to be outside=better.

Baby's got a new bag:
First, lets start with the amazing Offhand Designs knitting bag I traded yarn for (THANKS Tigerlilith!!).

It really is pretty, isn't it? It doesn't look like a ugly flowery grandma knitting bag. It has all the features a knitting bag should have, too. It sits open like a basket. No more endless digging for that thing hiding in the depths of the bag. It holds a lot of yarn and enough for a sweater project, but it's not a huge chunk of luggage either. It doesn't have any evil yarn snagging velcro, it has a nice metal pop open top, kind of like an old fashioned doctor's bag. It has lots of little internal pockets for measuring tapes and doodas, and a front pocket with a magnetic snap for easy pattern access. Best of all, it's really easy to simply pop open, take out your project and get to work. Great while waiting for the bus or trolley. I used to have to take off my backpack, unzip it, grab the ziplock with my project in it, unzip that, and then get to work. I've declared that this bag will only be used for knitting, and banned ink pens, so I'm not going to bother to use the ziplocks anymore. That's Sunrise Circle's right side I'm working on there.



You spin me right round:

I've been working on my spinning, and here are my results so far. These are my first 3 attempts on the Wensleydale, from left to right. I really think the right hank looks better, don't you?


Here is some yarn I spun last night. It's natural corriedale, but it's the color of twine. It's almost getting even now! My next fiber is BFL from Black Bunny Fibers and I'd feel bad if I mess it up.


Alice the camel has...
Speaking of twine, I'm working on a UFO. This is the Cocktail Monkey bag from knitty.com. I wanted something kind of zany and small for when I go on cruises with my family. Something to hold my ID card when I go to the beach or to the pool.
This was a UFO because I detest working with the hemp TWINE that is killing my hands. However, if I ever want to use it, I have to finish it. So I've been doing a couple rounds a night until it's done.
Besides, the cocktail camels crack me up.


Hello, Moto

This is something my husband came home with last weekend.

You can look at it a few ways
1. Good way to save on gas and city parking
2. An organ donation aid
3. A really good excuse for me to fill another under the bed bin with new yarn.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Sherry. I LOVE the cocktail camels- way t. cute!

Please drop me a line at artemis2310@hotmail.com re helping the blog impaired.

Ciao!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home