Thursday, April 20, 2006

Lace for tomboys

As I'm moving to the last section of the Sunrise Circle, I'm looking at projects I have yarn for, ready to go.

1) Lotus Blossom Shawl in Anne
2) Branching out scarf, in quivit
3) Diamond Fantasy Shawl, in Anne
4) Ella, from Knitty, in Pulled Taffy from Decedent Fibers
5) Hanging Garden stole, in Knitpicks lace

I'm looking at this new Fiddlesticks pattern, Since that blue Anne has come my way:

Maybe I'll get to it soon if I can manage to knit at Wendy speed.

Lookit all the lace. This is very odd to me. I'm a gal who goes to work in jeans on a regular basis. I think I have perhaps two garments that have a small bit of lace on them. So what's up?

I have learned, that no matter how dopey you happen to look, if you pop on a lace stole or scarf, you just ramped up your wardrobe. No matter if you don't wear makeup %95 of the time. A little lace thing adds instant Jackie O. The "What Not to Wear" people never mentioned this magical fashion acessory.

I have also noticed that a well placed scarf covers up the coffee or ink stain of the day. Who cares about a few cat hairs if you have mohair shed all over you?

I am not totally sold however. I do tend to like lace a bit more on the 'sturdy' side then the little misty cobwebs I admire from afar. They seem like the high heels of knitting, and I'm just not ready for that much fuss yet.

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Part of me wants to do the wispy cobweb lace. The logical part of me, however, knows I don't have the patience for it!

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately that I love you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home