Tuesday, April 25, 2006

New look and a new yarn

I think I like this new color scheme, I wanted something a bit more upbeat and bright. If the colors sear your retinas, let me know. I hate sites that are hard to read, and I want you to keep coming here.

So Thursday night I went to Fiber Night at Purlewe's place. Her and her partner are great hostesses, and I had a great time with everyone. I even got to try a wheel. Of course this gave me instant wheel lust. I'll try out a few at Sheep and Wool. Perhaps I can restrain myself from getting one.

I even learned (and remembered) how to Andean ply. This is BFL from Black Bunny Fibers made on my handspindle:


It's not bad, minus some slubby bits. I 'whipped' it and it did balance, which I was impressed with.

I think it's going to end up being be a nice simple hat. The yarn is quite squishy and soft.

3 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Yarn looks great!! Thanks for the link. Like the funky new blog format.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Pretty yarn! And I like the new blog design - very readable. No searing of the eyes at all. =)

Which day are you going to MDS&W? I want to meet as many Knittyfolk as possible!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

I'll be there Saturday! Is there a knittyboard meetup someplace???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home