Thursday, May 18, 2006

For the Love of Anne-Amazing Lace 1

Would you fight this girl for yarn?

Her name is Jenn, and she works at my LYS.
Note she has a knitting tattoo. A skull with knitting needle crossbones. This means she's serious about her yarn. It also means she has a seriously high pain tolerance.

This is all a big problem for me. See, Jenn and I love (lust) the same yarn- Anne. Usually the same COLORS of yarn, too. Anne is dyed 'pot luck' in small batches-usually one skein or two and no set colorways. You buy it when you clamp you eyes on it, because you are NOT going to see it again.

I used to have a chance at the Anne-I just had to beat her to the store on delivery days. Now that she works in the store, she nabs everything first out of the box. I have serious stash envy.

So what does this have to do with my lace project for Amazing Lace?

About when I fell in love with Lotus Blossom, Jenn decides she needs to part with some of the Anne she has on hold. Two matching skeins of dark greens. Green, my second favorite color, and just perfect for the lotus Blossom shawl. I thought I may have to fight her for them (did I mention Jenn aspires to play roller derby?). I did realized however, that perhaps this was not a wise course. For one, it's hard to knit with boxing gloves on. Team Lotus Blossom would have never made it out of the gates this way:


It never came to that though. She handed the precious 2 skeins over to me out of the goodness of her heart. Which meant I didn't have to enter the contest with another yarn while in traction. Jenn is a good egg.

6 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Jenn is a very good egg. With a kick -ass tattoo!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, but i wanted to see a boxing match!

kudos for settling without bloodshed. peace out.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww...that was so sweet what you said Sherry. Thank you.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Great pics, Sherry, particularly the one of Jenn! Knit on Girls!

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's like your yarn store has a bouncer. Anyone who treats the yarn in a way Jenn doesn't like gets thrown out unceremoniously. That's how I'm liking to think about it anyway.

If you can learn to knit with boxing gloves on, I think you should take that trick on the road.

 
At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting a topaz ring as links london jewellery jewelry gifts from better-half is no lower than an awesome joy. discount links of london bracelets Many ladies do admire such jewelry sparkling through charms links of london their fingers. If you may get to own one as gift, links of london silver watches you will definitely appreciate such beauty and elegance for high class cheap links of london necklaces type of jewelry. Those who know what the actual worth of gemstones will links london pendants certainly love to have one added into their collection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home