Friday, May 12, 2006

I is for Ignore

This one is a little odd. Let me first assure you I didn't hurt myself for the photo.


I have a mild skin condition called Dermagraphy. Pretty much any light pressure, usually from a shirt collar or cuff, causes warm and itchy red wheals. It's like an allergic reaction. The above was simply made after lightly running a knitting needle tip on my arm. After a few minutes it appears. Too bad I didn't go to Catholic School. I could have faked Stigmata to get out of classes!

This isn't a big deal- in about 10 minutes it goes away. The trouble is I get it a lot on my face and neck. If I itch my nose, or brush my hair it results in a Freddy Kruger-looking scratch. Then the comments come. Almost every day.
"Did your cat get you?"
"Did you have an accident?"
"Husband got frisky, eh?"
Then I have to go explain the above. Over and over. It gets old, and it makes a girl self conscious. I appreciate the concern, really I do. If you know me and asked, It's OK. Just after the nth time that day, I want to start carrying around pamphlets.

I'm thankful I don't have anything harmful or really painful. Sometimes I just want to I want to yell out, IGNORE IGNORE!

5 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I like the G,H, and I entries. The goats are cute. I think the helicopter in neat. I took a ride on one once. And I've never heard of Dermagraphy. I can't imagine what it's like, but it must be tiresome explaining. I'm glad it isn't serious. The school idea is great - you would have put the fear into the nuns!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

My neck is like that. If I touch it, it gets very red for a while. Kids in high school used to tease me a lot, which would make me blush: a double whammy. My husband gets a red itchy rash on his arms when he rough-houses with the kids. It's good to know there's a name for it, even if it can't be treated.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I dig your G, H & I! (And I still can't get over how freaking good you are at coming up with THREE creative ones at a time...I have a hard enough time thinking of ONE letter!)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My beautiful red haired wife bruises easier than a ripe nectarine on a billiards table. We also have 4-5 Standard Schnauzers, 2 of whom pop up like pistons in excitement whenever doing meet-&-greet with her.This results in the occasional black eye. After one question too many she made a laminated tag with a photograph of one of the dogs leaping up fully erect a few feet off the ground with cartoon like WHAMS! & POWS!

 
At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting a topaz ring as links london jewellery jewelry gifts from better-half is no lower than an awesome joy. discount links of london bracelets Many ladies do admire such jewelry sparkling through charms links of london their fingers. If you may get to own one as gift, links of london silver watches you will definitely appreciate such beauty and elegance for high class cheap links of london necklaces type of jewelry. Those who know what the actual worth of gemstones will links london pendants certainly love to have one added into their collection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home