Sunday, May 28, 2006

Life of Lenny

So lenny is assembled and working like a charm. I wasn't expecting the maple to be so pretty.

It's a really compact wheel too. If you have room for a footstool, you have room for a Lendrum.

It's a bit different spinning on a wheel. While I haven't lost my hard won drafting skills, you have to draft faster/pedal slowly to get used to how much faster it is to make yarn. The yarn is a few steps backwards in quality then what I can make with my spindle. Overtwisted and uneven.

I'm just speeding through the fiber with Lenny though. I love my handspindles still- the portability is great and they are fun. I think I may be saving them for projects where I need smaller amounts of finished yarn.

Speaking of yarn, here is my latest knitting, Lotus blossom has about 12 pattern rows to go. But they are long rows.

Trying to figure out what I'll make next. Right to Icarus (which is very similar, perhaps too much), or maybe the Branching out scarf to break the project up. Or maybe something all together different, like the crossover 'Venessa' silk top from RYC's Classic Art book. Hmmmm.

2 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ohhhh...Lenny is gorgeous! He looks much better at your place than in the ebay pics! ;-) And I'm still in awe of what you spun with him, you'll have perfect yarn on him in no time.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Enjoy Lenny! You'll have wheel spinning down pat in no time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home