Friday, May 05, 2006

The life of a traveling sock

Projects
I finally finished one sock. Socks are not 'quick knits' to me. Sock knitters claim they are so fast, but really they take me awhile. Because of that though, my traveling sock gets to see a lot.

I've also been working on my lotus blossom. Here is the glory of unblocked lace.

I love the way the Anne looks. This time I am alternating two skeins to avoid pooling. I usually don't bother, but the two skeins are slightly different tones.

Maryland Sheep and Wool
Tomorrow is the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival! I have my list and have checked it twice! It will be amusing to see if I come back with anything that resembles this:

  • Koigu

  • 'Socks that Rock' sock yarn

  • laceweight yarn for a variety of shawl patterns

  • lighter spindle

  • some dyed and undyed spinning fiber

  • Silk caps or hankies

  • Crystal Palace dpns

  • Kooburra wool wash

  • a shawl pin

  • undyed yarn and some dye packets



I also want to catch the sheepdog show and try as many spinning wheels as I can.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Awesome sock picture - that's just fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home