Monday, May 15, 2006

Spinning my Wheels

Well, spindle. I started a change jar (like knittyD, Chelle and Wendy) for my wheel.

I used to be pretty good at sticking to a few projects in progress. I really like to see things getting done. Usually two is about it. Perhaps a big project or a complex one, and a smaller/easier one that is portable and knitting circle friendly.

Now I'm spinning and I realize I've added another project. I can't seem to get anything done knitting wise because I'm messing with rovings, or dye, or I get the spinning bug. So poor Sock #2's cuff is only half done and Lotus Blossom is only slowly growing. But I have this! About fingering I think:



A really obvious but revealing thing happened the other day. I'm looking at patterns and I started to think- hey, I can spin thinner yarn now! Hell, I can MAKE YARN. I bet one of my new rovings would yield enough for a half-pi shawl. Dang. It's like the world stopped for a second. Make yarn. Anything I want. Any color I can dye.

I know, your thinking, "Yo, did you think you where making toast with that drop spindle?" Well, it's hard to picture wobbly ugly hanks of dreadlocks as yarn. Especially before the spinning bug really hit.

On another note:

I'm looking for a large 2-3 br apt in University City or downtown with parking for August. I hate moving, but my place (historicall rennovated that I just love) is too small now. If anyone has any leads let me know! I hate moving. I could buy a wheel instead of paying movers. Oh well.

3 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wait you made that yarn on a drop spindle? Color me jealous--that hank is beautiful!

I wish I had leads for you in the move department. Moving sucks. Heck, outgrowing your apartment sucks (I'm renting a 5'X5' storage unit in addition to our 2 bdr place right now!)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Donna said...

That yarn is gorgeous!

Ditto "moving sucks."

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...you're MOVING?
Such a beyootiful apartment.. :(

I hope things are well and happy with you, hon! :)

- Dusti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home