Saturday, June 10, 2006

Finished objects

Here are the socks that only took me a year to finish:

I like how the colors pool the same way on each toe.

Here is the 'cat puke' yarn I make on my wheel, plyed:

Some people at knitting circle liked it, so I guess I can't call it cat puke. My spindle spinning is just so much better in quality. I have some home dyed BFL I'm going to work on next.

I made several felted catnip mice and a crocheted dog blanket for the Basil and Abner charity drive too. My first crocheted blanket, I hope the pets don't mind it's a little um...imperfect.


I did some sewing too. This is a cool pattern for a small knitting project bag called Mr. Sockfish. I used a lot of reclaimed fabric on it. An old pair of jeans, some blue sari silk, an orange silk blouse, and scraps from a vintage suit.

I am really pleased on how he turned out, but I now realize I sewed what was supposed to be a pocket shut! Oh well, I may just leave it be. I think he's going to be great on the plane and going around on vacation with me next week.

5 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's super!! Can I take your picture of him and post him on my blog with a link back to your blog? You did a great job and I just love the fact that he's old clothes-too cool.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger aija said...

I like the cat puke yarn :) And your fish is adorable!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Kimberly: Feel free to snatch and use any of the Mr. Sockfish pictures. I'll take more while he's on vacation.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hm, that cat puke looks much better off the spindle. It kind of grows on you.

And I love Mr. Sockfish! Sock stuffed sushi! Yum! ;-)

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Now that I have seen the cat puke close up, I can verify that it looks just like some left over navy manos that Artemis ate and regurgitated on the couch yesterday. Oddly, I still think it cool...your cat puke that is, not Artemis'.

Mr. Fishy is awfully cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home