Sunday, June 04, 2006

Lotus done

I had imagined that I'd get Lotus Blossom done in time to wear at my friends' wedding Saturday. I was up blocking it at about 2:00am Friday night:

Whoops. Yeah, that's not a blocking error. One side is longer then the other. By a few inches. I counted repeats to see how I could have made that big of a mistake. Nope, not that.

What happened is that I must have carried the yarn too tightly when I was going back and forth between balls every couple rows. Since you only drop/pick up along one side, it didn't have enough give to block out as much as the other. I was trying to make sure I left some slack, but lace gets stretched out a lot.

Oh well, chalk it up to a lessoned learned. You can't see it when it is on.

It was a little cold after all the rain and I was happy to have stayed up and finished it. Hubby even said it was nice and liked to pet it- which is saying a lot!


On other news, my spinning looks like something the cat left behind. It was a nice colorway, but obviously I don't know how to work with these colored rovings quite yet. At least it wasn't one of my dye jobs I messed up!

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Donna said...

The shawl is lovely. Give the spinning time and it will be amazing, too.

One thing I've found is that the roving that looks so beautiful doesn't always turn out that way as yarn. On the other hand, the yuck roving, or the so-so roving sometimes makes amazing yarn.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

You can only notice the "mistake" when its laying out like that--and only a knitter would even notice--if even!!! Way to go finishing it just in time!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

The lotus blossom is beautiful! And I think your spun yarn looks pretty cool. Might you bring it tommorrow night so we can give it closer inspection?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home