Saturday, July 22, 2006

Belch

Pardon the venting...

Good news:
The packing is pretty much done besides taking things like the computer apart. Today we made the obligatory Home Depot/Ikea run fro a new A/C and curtains. I don't know how other people live without Ikea, really I don't.

Anyway, I guess sincethe frantic packing is over, the depression has set in. I really am not thrilled with the new place, and neither is my husband. I looked at so many places, and nothing was close to the size of this place and met the other requirements. I guess I'm spoiled. I am now in a very Gentrified neighborhood and a historically renovated apartment. The new place is in a shadier area (just five blocks away- the joys of urban living). I don't hink i'm going to get shot or anything, but it's a bit close to the West Philly DMZ then I'd like. The apartment isn't a pit or anything either- it has a new kitchen and lots of light. The hardwood is in bad shape and the lack of closets is going to be interesting. I guess I'm just spoiled. Really-how many 1 bedrooms have fireplaces and 2 walk in closets?

I keep telling myself it's just for a year until we find a house, but a year seems a long way off. I keep looking around at my pretty-pretty apartment with a friggin' castle next door, and I'm sad.

2 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh I totally know where you're coming from. I'd love to buy a house, but where we're at in life it's not a good idea (we'll only be here for 2 yrs...that would be financially stupid) It's really hard to live in an apartment when that goal is so close--yet so far away.

I'm a little wary of our new location too....everytime I check my mail, I have to pass the five guys that congregate in the parking lot ajacent to the mailboxes to drink 40's of beer out of paperbag covered cans. And why exactly does my new door have THREE deadbolts on it???

I know it sounds corny and it's little comfort, but a year will go by really fast.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you. We're moving out of a house into an apartment to wait til we can afford to buy a house again, and let me tell you, it is a difficult prospect. ...The important thing, though, is that it WILL feel like home after it's not so strange and foreign, and you'll forgive it its faults with time.

And Bezzie's right. A year zips by in no time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home