Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rosie's Handdyed yarn day

My LYS is holding a 'Handdyed Yarn' day today. Check out the blog for a bunch of articles on hand-dyed yarns if you can't make it.

They hoarded lots of new stock just for the day, including Black Bunny Fibers, Handmaiden, and Anne- my Achilles heel. I had my filled Frequent Buyer card in hand, ready for my discount and yarn hoarding pleasure.

I really did restrain myself (in one way). I didn't show up clawing at the door ten minutes before opening. The staff was shocked I was 30 minutes 'late'. I did forget my camera, so I couldn't show you the beginning of the carnage or the pretty vessels of drink mix yarn sun-dyeing in the window.

For once I was almost first at the Anne Basket.

I love the green and teal. I almost missed it, but Jenn unraveled the hank near me. Don't ask me what they will be yet. Maybe one pair will be the two-skein half-pi.

I can stop nagging Lisa about the Haidmaiden seacell (seaweed) and silk yarn.

This is going to be a 'peacock variation lace shawl' that's being worked on in the shop right now. It's a rusty orange (not tan). If you like blue, Wendy beat you to the last 2 skeins of it.

There was some sock yarn that jumped in my basket:

Black Bunny named the colorways today for the LYS staff (and kids and pets of the owner). I bought the "Sexy Legs" (ED) colorway (left). I bought another skein in another color but it's a gift, so I can't show you. The namesake of the colorway got to see it before I ran off with it, though.

The yarn on the left is silk/wool Socksie from Great Adirondack. It looks like a parrot, and I had to get it just to see how it stripes up.

Well I have a date with a ball winder, so good hunting to anyone else going to Rosie's today. I hope there is something left!

6 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha!

So you did grab the reds! Jen went to show them to me this afternoon, knowing I would love them and they were gone! Treat them well.

Regina

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I saw you crossing the street at lunch with the haul and was so distraught that I had to wait until 5. Thank heavens there was still plenty of beautiful yarn to empty my bank account.

How's your heel coming?

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! It's Marissa from knitting circle.

I found your blog and it's pretty cool. I love your sock yarns. Can't wait to see how that parrot one turns out. I got there at 7:30pm and bought three of the chagall Adirondack silk skeins and 2 of the Handmaiden in the neutral color. I'm in love with them!

Happy knitting!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger aija said...

Wow, all beautiful choices! I love the Anne...

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Carol said...

"Sexy Legs" is ED. Jim is "Coco Schiaparelli Von Furstenburg."

Maybe next year I'll have to name the yarns after Rosie's customers... I can't wait to see how the socks come out!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Sheri N., your neighbor from The Amazing Lace. Wish I lived in Philadelphia and had a store like Rosie's. You have a great blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home