Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Better

The major freak out is over. Our landlord is a good guy actually, and fixed some things. The musty smell dispersed after a few days with the windows open. My apartment still resembles a storage facility, but I can almost walk around now. If I could drop a stick of dynamite in the bathroom, I think it would be fine.

Knit-a-longs

I've lost interest in all my 'along' activities.

The Knitty ABC photo-along- I have some photos but can't seem to post them.

The Mystery Stole-I got behind and I'm just not digging the pattern after the first chart, no offense. I think I'm going to rip it out and forget it. I have other lace to fry (but none on my needles- I'm too brain dead for lace right now).

The finalists from the "Amazing Lace" seem randomly selected. I just really wonder why, given such a large pool of creative entries, half of what are picked make me (and other members I've talked to) go 'meh'. I'm sure it's not easy to pick and go over hundreds of entries, and I do applaud the effort. The results/voting part just is not exciting me.


Happiness Happens


If your bored too and looking for some new, hot joiny action, KnittyD and Wendy have decided to stop casting on and 'stop' buying yarn for August. Can they do it? Can I do it? I casted-on the ballet camisole from Magknits right before the start (hey, I ripped one project, so I didn't add anything). I also reserve the right to one fiber treat for my birthday this month.

Yarn P)rn

I know, all yappin' and no pictures make Sherry a boring blogger. I have some photos coming up in the next few days, I just can't deal with going outside in the 100 degree heat to take them. I have some of the new Knitpicks yarn, the fancy-ass Knitpicks interchangeable needles, and an amazing package from my Sock Kit Pal to show you.

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm glad to hear that your place is growing on you--well sans bathroom.

I've done one actual knitting KAL, and that was enough.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Nell said...

Sherry, stick at it with the new apartment. I really feel for you right now. The last flat I had before I moved in with BF was really bad, smelled of damp etc. But by the time I left it felt like home and some days I miss it. It definately had its good sides.

I ahve a blog now, maybe pop over some time? Hope you're row counter's coming in helpful.

Nell (nell-nell)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home