Saturday, August 05, 2006

My sock kit pal rules

edit: The Lisa Souza is indeed 'wild things' and the STR is 'Lagoon'. Did STR stop naming the yarns after minerals?! That's sad.

I am convinced I had the best sock kit pal. Check it out:



Here are the totes she made for me. Is the fabric perfect or what?

The little pouch was filled with tons of goodies, and the bag was filled with tea and chocolate (eaten):



Also, one of three balls of yarn, that blue Online. But I also got some LiSa SouZa yarn. It's very squishy, I may need more.



Oh, and if that wasn't enough, Socks that Rock! I finally get some to try! (squeee!)



Isn't she great!?!? Thanks pal Kristen!!

Before I moved, I purchased some things from Knitpicks. From the random change I found I ordered the fancy-schmacny new interchangeable needles. Like many others, I'm in love. They are not too heavy, the join is great, and they are seriously pointy. Plus, I love the little folio they come in. I'm going to order more pages next time.

I also ordered the new silk and wool sock yarn, Gloss:


The blue one if for me, the beige is for my hubby. It feels great, and has a nice subtle sheen. I won't get to it for a month or so, but I'll let you know how it knits up.

I also ordered a batch of Shine Sport for the Magknits ballet camisole. Shine is a great yarn, and if you hate cotton, try this stuff. The modal makes all the difference. It may have a slight splitty tendency, but the new needles eliminated any trouble for me.

5 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger emmy said...

Your kit and yarns are lovely. I have enjoyed reading your blog.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Metz said...

OMG, I love your Lisa Souza yarn! Is that Wild Things? It looks like it but yours has more purple than mine. I'm so jealous! And your STR yarn is beautiful! Which one is that? Someday I'm going to increase my collection of their yarns. (Muahahaha!)
Thanks for the comment on the Schaeffer Andrea, by the way! We were trying to remember what the Schaeffer lace weight was called. Miss Violet is still swooning over its beauty!

Miss Lime

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I think you need to bring the Lisa Souza yarn to Knitting Circle - I might have to touch it!

Wendy

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm very interested in seeing how that gloss knits up. Silk and wool. Hm, I wonder how "sweaty" that gets on feet?

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

i love those bags. such cute fabric! your sock kit pal really does rule.

i'm eager to hear your assessment of the kp gloss yarn. i'm trying to hold out ordering any of their new stuff for awhile, so i must live vicariously through others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home