Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Knits all around

Joy of joys! I found a yarn shop that can score me a copy of the Norwegian Insanity Mitten (and Stocking) book, Selbustrikk.

The shop owner will translate for you as well. If you want your own copy, visit www.arnhild.com and email her.

Suddenly I find myself knitting for everyone else but me. Not a problem, but I hear the siren song of fiddly mittens and red lace cashmere.

I may be a test knitter for a new Selbu glove and mitten book. I found her by a mention from Miriam Felton on Knitty D and the City's Podcast interview. With a little web-stalking I found Terri's website.

(You may be asking, what of my self designed, charted and ready to knit Selbu mittens? I plug my ears and hum at you...)

I also thought knitting for Christmas would be quick and easy, but one of my intended smaller projects just became huge. Oh well.

My husband now has placed an order for more handknitted socks. It's true, knit socks for someone once and you'll be knitting them socks forever! When the thermometer dips, he reminds me that I promised him a hat as well. I'm going to start on that next.

Right now I'm on the heel flap of my first Pomatomus socks. I love the yarn, love the pattern, but it seems slow going. Perhaps it's because I'm so done with socks for a while.

6 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger aija said...

OMG, how awesome! Is she translating the whole book, or giving you key terms to decipher patterns with... (I love those socks! Kristen from the kitchener bitch sent me that link and I know I'm not up to "self-translating" it... if you don't mind, can you tell me how much the book was? Thanks :)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Hee! Yes, it was $20.50 with shipping. I'll have it in a couple days and will let you know about the translations. She wants to translate the whole book, but does not have all the models translated. She told me she will translate any that are requested.
She sells the yarns as well, I just found out.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. Norwegian Insanity is right!!

Boggle.

Emily

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I'll second what Emily said.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What songs are you humming? ;) How true on once you knit socks for someone they want more! Can't wait to see the Norwegian designs.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I lost your email. will you send me your info again? Wanna finish some gloves?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home