Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A letter to Cheryl Schaefer

Dear Cheryl, Queen of Color:

I don't know you, but my name is Sherry. I grew up a little boat ride across the lake from you, oddly enough. You don't know me either, but see, I have a problem.
Anne.

I can't resist it. I usually buy yarn with a plan in mind, but really, with your yarn I'm a Collector. It's the siren song of one of kind colors. Super-saturated loveliness. The one color that's always thrown in as a surprise, or to tone down the sweetness.

Honestly, if I lost my job, I'd be selling blood for new colorways. I have no control. Can you dye some nice ugly Anne for about, oh two years so I can catch up?

No no, wait a minute. I'm starting to sweat here.

I don't mean it!!!!! Can you make me about three skiens of bright orange with a hint of scorched pumpkin, and a splash of butterscotch? Please? For another Cayuga gal?


Top left: blues for the Fiddlesticks 'Raj' shawl, 3 reds for the 'Serrano' sweater, crazy colors for socks, the 'bright blip' green for a stacking color scarf
bottom left: 2 reds that may become the small square shawl yet to be released from from Smith Island pattern factory, no plan green and brown, 2 skeins of blue and green for stash padding, two red and blue multis that may be part of the giant square shawl yet to be released from Smith Island Pattern factory (hurry Courtney), green and orange for a half-pi, and more stash padding with the brown and blue. I also have 3 half-used skeins floating around, not shown.

9 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Blogger Nell said...

Oh my god, how do you and hubby EAT! ;) They are so beautiful though.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Holy guacas! That *is* gorgeous. I didn't think I understood the addiction til I saw the colors!!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

they do have simply beautiful colorways, don't they....

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

See I told you you had some of the same skeins I scored last night. The stash is truly inspirational and I am nothing if not green with a blip of jealousy.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger aija said...

Wow, I love Anne too but you take the cake! I can't wait to see Serrano in progress... I loved the pattern (almost) just because it used Anne, in RED! :)

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

That's not all from last night is it???

W

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger AR said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. I love colorful yarn! I don't have a problem, though. hehe

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Wendy: four of the skeins are from last night.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Aponia said...

not to toot my own horn or anything but I have more then double that.....but that's because I'm insane. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home