Friday, November 24, 2006

Pretty Pretty

First, thanks to the first four customers to my Etsy shop! I think that's pretty good for being up for a week.

Second, happy Thanksgiving to all the other Americans. We went to Flint's cousin's house and we got to visit with their cute daughters. I also was highly amused that a six year old beat a 42 year old, self proclaimed card shark at Texas Hold'em.

Two Day Work Week

Besides Turkey day, this has been a short week. Monday I had Jury duty, which meant I got to sit in a slightly too warm room squished between too large men all afternoon. At least I had my knitting, and was able to finish 1/2 of Christmas Surprise #2. (Christmas Surprise #1 was finished and blocked.) I started the Geyl Shawl from my Koigu mill ends, and cruising right along. I bitched up the cast on row, adding a stitch, and it took me three times ripping the first row of the lace pattern to figure out why I was a stitch off. Counting is a good knitting skill.

Yarn Diets are for Wimps

Last weekend Flint was nice enough to haul me to a spinning and knitting store in Bucks county called Twist. It was a slow day, and the shop owner let me play with a few wheels even though I told her I wasn't in the market. She even gave me some pointers. I didn't look at the yarn much, but she carried very good stuff, like Blue sky, Wool in the Woods, Noro, etc.
I did buy some roving:

Chasing Rainbows Merino

A silk 'brick' from Chasing Rainbows- just amazing colors!
All in all Twist is certainly a good stop if your a spinner, and a decent LYS if you needed one. She was a little short on sock yarns, but otherwise carried good stuff.

Besides that, a few more things I've acquired:

Black Bunny Fibers sock yarn in Succotash, more Anne, and 5 skeins of this colorway in Koigu for a shawl.

*burp* what a feast!

5 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmmm...succotash! I was just perusing her website and saw that under the "sold." Pretty darn close to what I was looking for!
Sounds like you had a good turkey week!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger AR said...

Mmm. Nice yarns.
Congrats on your customers, too!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Mariss said...

Congrats on your first customers at your etsy shop! I'm very proud of you!

Glad to hear you had a great Turkey Day (knitting-wise too!)

Gobble gobble!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Bezzie:

Carol will dye you anything you want if you email her!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Sherry- Congratulations on your etsy sales! I am going to have to get my tail in gear and get my stuff on line.

Happy to hear your Thanksgiving was good and full of fiber!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home