Friday, December 22, 2006

Is Santa here yet?

Darwin is waiting.


Yarn Claus was here already! My friend Karen generously gave me this skein of Autumn House Farms sock yarn (in Hattie's Zinnias colorway) with a mug and a bookmark! How cool is that?

I'm trying my hand at two socks on two circs. I'm getting used to it, and I do think it's faster. I don't know if I'll convert from my DPNs, but we'll see. Here is that Autumn House Farms knit up:


Happy Hanukkah!
Someone wished me happy Hanukkah for the first time ever. I'm not Jewish, and he knows that. He's going home and having a special family celebration, and even though it's not my holiday, he wished me the blessing anyway. In a way he shared that with me, and included me in his life. I thought it was pretty neat.

It made me rethink the generic, PC 'happy holidays' so many of us have adopted now. I understand the idea and the need not to offend if your an employer or a company. However, how much do we lose if we don't celebrate each other's differences? Let's practice inclusion and appreciation for one another! I for one will take blessings and well wishes as they are offered, and wish more in return.

Merry Christmas, and Bright Solstice to everyone. I'm heading home to New York for a few days. I'll be driving part of the way, so look out!

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Yarn Claus! Now THERE'S a tradition I can get behind!!!

They used to outlaw Santa at Chunky's old daycare because of the kids from different cultures/countries attending. maybe I'm crazy, but if I was living in a different country/culture I'd be totally down with learning whatever they celebrated.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger AR said...

Yarny Claus needs to make a stop here! hehe

Merry Christmas to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home