Thursday, December 28, 2006

New Knitterly Things

While it's not the season of getting, I'd be remiss not to thank my family and husband for the additions to the knitting arsenal.

First my husband, who apparently thought the Christmas budget was a starting number.

This is a Woolie winder. For the non-spinners, it's a gizmo that replaces the flyer and bobbins on your wheel. It winds the yarn on the bobbins for you, so you don't have to stop to change hooks. It makes winding on even, and it means you don't lose your rhythm spinning.



If that wasn't enough, I also got the Golding Midnight Sun spindle I've been coveting. Not only is it pretty, but dang do these Goldings have along sustained spin.

My Mom and Stepdad got me subscriptions to Spin-Off and Interweave Knits, A gift certificate to Knitpicks, the second Yarn Harlot book, a Lantern Moon sheep tape measure, the Stitch and Bitch calendar, and a cute sheep felted tote pattern.

Holy cow, Yarn Claus went overboard.

Other Acquisitions

Mom took me to her new LYS, Knitting Etc. Since it's just a few miles away from where Cheryl Schaefer lives, they have lots of Anne. I got a skein for Mom that matches her winter coat:


Plus one for me it could be my most favorite skein yet. It's terra cotta, orange and browns.


Last but not least, several weeks ago I ordered a custom Spindle on Etsy made from Australian hardwoods.

7 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh wow! That spindle the husband got you is gorgeous! (Do you have a thing for owls?)

You must have been a very good girl this year!

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH so many beautiful things! It's a bit daunting!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger aija said...

Wow, awesome! Looks like a wonderful spinning year in 2007 :)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger AR said...

Wowweee! Great stuff! You must have been very good this year. LOL

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh my gosh. I've been coveting that very Golding spindle!!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger MollyKnits said...

That is one FANTASTIC spindle!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Mariss said...

What a lucky lady! But you certainly deserve all the goods ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home