Thursday, January 04, 2007

a circular solution

So I'm chugging along with 2 socks on two circs. Problem is about every 10 rows it starts looking like this:

I keep knitting with the wrong end of the wrong circ. Grrrr. If only my Knitpicks Options circular needle cords came in other colors then that butt ugly purple. Then I'd know which end was which at a glance. Ah!

Nail polish! I'll put thin coat on the cable near the join on each end of one one of them. Now hopefully it will stay on long enough to be useful. Otherwise it may be back to DPNs.

Spin
I finished some shiny, angelina wool bend from Bountiful Spin and Weave.

I do like it, but there is a lot of angelina in there. I do admit I like a wee bit of shine, but this is close to disco. It was a little tricky for me to get used to spinning too. Lots of snapping at first.

I think it's going to be socks. I don't know if the fiber can stand up to the wear though. Maybe a black heel and toe with plain yarn?


Links!


Check out the knitted giant squid Archie! Complete with leather beak! I thought Nauties where cool!

For those of you wondering about Geyl, the huge queen sized bed shawl, the pattern is online now. Knitty D and The City both have Geyl FO's. Someday I'll make it to the FO list!

6 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ooo! He had a leather beak? That's freaking cool!

Smart idea with the nail polish. Did I mention that your DPN holders are furthering my love affair with DPNs and avoiding the circular method of knitting socks? I'm completely enamored--no more having to stab my lone needle in the ball and risk it bending/snapping.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to hear how the nail polish ends worked and how long they stayed on. A good idea.

That's beautiful yarn you spun up, I think a black toe and heel would look great with it and be more wearable.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love the angelina, but then you know I am a sparkly girl. The socks you are working on are beautiful...what's the yarn?

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

The sock yarn is the new Autumnhouse Farms sold at Rosies.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger AR said...

What a cool squid!

I love the Geyl shawl, I can't wait to see yours when it's all done!

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow...lovely yarn there!! Well, what's happening with you and 2 circ/socks, is just what I can envision happening to me! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home