Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 007

It's the year of James Bond! I admit I spent most of yesterday watching a James Bond marathon and spinning. Good times.

Since everyone else is making 'knitting resolutions' this year, I think I will do. It's more interesting then telling you I need to get my flabby butt back to the gym.


Knit MORE sock yarn!

I either need to knit more socks (or things made of sock yarn), or stop buying sock yarn. Since I doubt the later will happen I'm going for the former. I'm going to have something made from sock yarn on my needles at all times.

To help me along, I joined the Socks that Rock club. Sure, it MORE yarn, but the patterns from last year look good too. Fun yarn + fun pattern= casting on. Besides, I love surprises in the mail.

I'm also chugging away on Geyl, a queen mattress sized shawl. It's taking up a significant chunk of my mill end stash. Right now it's around caplet size. It would be larger if I stopped spacing out and forgetting to add the new pattern repeats every 10 or so rows.

I'm loving the mulitcolor so far. AT least it's keeping me from getting bored!

I also picked up Sensational Knitted Socks. I don't know how I avoided picking this book up for so long. Just a quick flip and I see lots and lots of socks I want to knit. In fact, this may be my sock knitting 'desert island' book.

Knit with more Anne
I won't even pretend I'll stop buying Anne. However, I can knit with it. Maybe socks!

Get those sweaters done
It's hard to be motivated to knit wool sweaters in Philly when it's 60 degrees out. I haven't worn any I made last year yet. However, knitting sweater amounts of yarn does great things for the stash real estate. Especially when I have a pending order for that fair isle turtleneck.

Knit what you spin
I love my wheel, but I need to do more then just pet my handspun.

4 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

But petting handspun IS fun! Sometimes it's so perfect as it is--how could it get any better? I've got so much handspun from talented spinners languishing in my stash, but it's just so damn pretty!!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger AR said...

Sound like some good ideas.

Queen sized shawl, wow, I bet it'll be beautiful!

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great goals for 2007. And you know I hadn't even thought abut the James Bond thing. If only he knit.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger MollyKnits said...

Ha ha, i am NOT the only one who does fiber stuff while watching James Bond.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home