Monday, February 05, 2007

Binge

I made the mistake of escaping to Rosies Saturday while my bathroom was being decimated by my landlord. Wendy was working, and besides being a yarn slut, she's a pusher too.

I wandered home with a bright turquoise skein of Shokay Yak, so new to the store I opened the plastic bag. Also a skein of Autumnhouse tweed that had been hiding from me someplace in the store. I think it's pretty, but some comments about the white noils looking like bugs cropped up. Both of these will become hats, which I seem to have few of for a knitter.



I'm becoming a fan of Autumnhouse Farms, I'm tempted to order some roving from them soon. I hope more sock yarn doesn't sneak in my shopping cart.

I snagged some thick and thin 'Divine' yarn on clearance because I like the colors. I think it's going to become a Calometery, because I'm a big fat copy cat.

I also grabbed the new 'Favorite Socks' book from Interweave. I hear it's %90 reprints from the magazine. Since I haven't been a subscriber, most of the patterns are 'new to me' so that wasn't an issue. I do like the spiral bound format of the book, which may make it a worthwhile purchase for knitters who have the past issues. My only wish is that the book had more patterns shown or designed for the handpainted sock yarns.

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I like that yarn very much, it'll make a lovely hat.

I want to make a headband myself, although I'm debating on either using that pattern or designing my own completely I have some ideas flopping around in my head.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hm, yes, that yarn is pretty but the bug thing has me a little heebie jeebied out.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger AR said...

I'm a great big knitting copy cat, too! LOL

Don't you love those yarn pushers?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home