Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Picture time

Sorry I'll be a few more days on the sheep DPN holders, but here is a bead preview!

I think they'll fly out of my etsy shop.

Sample

Here is the (unblocked) sampler lace scarf I'm doing for Rosie's:

The first (pink) yarn is Conjoined Creations Pastimes %100 soy silk. It has a lovely drape I think, and I like the 'almost solid' colorway. It is a little slippery, but it didn't pose a problem. This is my first time using soy silk, and the closest thing it reminds me of is rayon, but it doesn't do strange things to my stitch definition.

The dark brown blip is one repeat of Lacy Lamb %100 lambswool. It's by far the finest gauge yarn I've ever worked with. I can imagine the little wisp the 9" or so will be. Shawls from it would be amazing. Call Rosies and they'll send you some.

New

Since I can't keep my grubby hands from hype sock yarn, I ordered some Apple Pie yarn.

(I have to stop buying colors like this)
The base yarn reminds me of Anne, but thicker and with a little shine from the silk. Very nice. I do wish the dye was a little more saturated.

4 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger aija said...

Those are great beads!

Hey, I meant to email you-- I have a roll of .7mm/.028" stretch magic cord, 5m/16 ft... I bought it to replace my drive band on my spinning wheel but its too stretchy. Can you use it? I'll send it (no charge of course!)... I hate to see stuff go unused. LMK!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger AR said...

The beads are so so so cute!

That's unblocked? Looks good.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Hey aija- thanks for the offer but that's too thin.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very cute beads!!

And now I have the urge to eat some apple pie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home