Tuesday, March 06, 2007

201

Welcome to post 201! Wow, time flies.

So I took the entralec sock class at Rosie's this weekend, and my efforts met the frog pond.

I'm sure something went wrong and honestly I don't like the combo. The ones I saw in class where prettier. The technique (while OK) doesn't exactly make me all woozy with joy either. This is why yarn rocks. If it doesn't work out, it just goes back into the stash.

Socks are Done
Here they are, handspun wool and angelina socks. Nice and cushy and they meet my New Year's goals to knit my spinning.

I just can't capture the sparkles very well.


Spinning Update

I love merino tencel.


High Fiber Diet
I just found out my blood pressure is a little high. With the other things I'm supposed to watch in my diet, I feel like all I can eat bread and water. Needing retail therapy, I bought 2 pounds of merino roving mill ends on ebay.

Now if only my Socks that Rock Club kit would come in.

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Gauss said...

I don't think anything went wrong with your entrelac socks. I stopped knitting mine at about the same spot as you did, took a quick look... and then frogged. The technique is interesting; that's not enough to guarantee a beautiful end product.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hmmmm, maybe some things were not meant to be done in entrelac? Have you heard from anyone else in the class?

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger AR said...

I love the finished socks!

Bread and water! That stinks. Hope the other fiber is making you feel better, I think it would work on me. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home