Thursday, March 15, 2007

Neapolitan

Rockin' Sock Club:
BTW, I'm hiding all my STR club pics in a link in case someone else out there is still waiting to be surprised.

For one, the color is great. I was worried with all the new spring colors I was going to get something in that 'foo foo' range. I'm happy it's not.

There is a lot of talk on the Club about problems with the sizing, gauge, etc. So far I'm good, but I haven't got too far. I'm loving the short row garter toe. I've been wanting to try one since Lucy Neatby's book, Cool Socks, Warm Feet.

Mine are pooling in a weird way. Pooling doesn't usually bug me, but if things continue I'll have a color on the top of the foot and one on the bottom. Eh, it's a foot.


Ice Cream

So here is my "ice cream' store sample scarf. Doesn't it look like Neapolitan?


The chocolate is Lacey Lamb and the vanilla is Euroflax. Buy them at Rosie's.

Gumperina and I have similar feelings about the Lacey Lamb. It did make me decide no dark brown or black fine weight shawls until I buy an Ott light.

I was fully expecting to dislike the Euroflax, but it really grew on me. I have heard horrible things about knitting with it, and I have used hemp, which I disliked. It is crunchy to work with, but on this gauge for lace, it's fine. It's stiff now, and I can't wait to wash it and see the drape.

Next I add a pretty dark red berry to the ice cream. It's Merino Silk, and I have been squishing the ball. I can't wait.

2 pounds of merino for $8
This is roll in in nekkid soft 'mill end' roving I got on ebay. Amazing. The listings all say it needs recarding, but I can't see it in this batch, and m,any other buyers report the same. Shipping from Canada, but it's still a steal.

6 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sherry-

I used the Eoroflax for the veil/chuppah I knitted my friend last summer and it was great. After I machine washed and dried it the linen was so soft!It really was fine to work with.

Magda

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger aija said...

I saw that ebay merino too... what a deal!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger AR said...

I like the way your socks are pooling, but I'm weird like that. lol

Have fun with that wool. :)

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's an unbelievable deal! I went and checked it out but they aren't selling any right now, wah! I want some. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

My goodness, that merino looks amazing. So soft and rich.

I love the neopolitan sample scarf. But that could also be my sweet tooth talking.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Carol said...

You can wash the Euroflax BEFORE you knit with it, you know. Doesn't it come in hanks? Even a good soak and wash by hand would help soften it up to make it easier on your hands...

Scarf looks swell!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home