Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sit 'n Spin

Just a few days before the STR shipment #2, and I'm hurrying to finish the socks from kit number 1. I do have the other sock done to the heel turn, but I don't think I'm going to get two cuffs done in the next two or three days.


The funky foot patterning is due to a knot I found that disturbed the color pooling. I kind of liked the checkerboard effect, so I just chopped out about 1" of yarn every 1.5 inch or so of rib to keep it going. I changed needle size on the cuff, so now that's striping. I consider it a lesson in hand painted yarns.

I think the next shipment will be one of the new 'tides' colorways. Lots of pinks and purples and blues in the other ones. I hope it's a more mellow colorway then some they have shown in the series, some are a bit Easter egg for me.

Note the cool row counter from Zer0 Markers. I like these since sometimes I forget to click the katcha type counters. The ring on my needle reminds me.

So I have been spinning. Here is some tencel/wool from Copperpot.




Tencel is so yummy to spin. I am thinking I may use it to make the Ene shawl from Scarf style. It may stripe a blip here or there, though. What do you think?

Next on my bobbin- silk! I've never spun silk before. I want to spin some before Sheep and Wool NEXT WEEKEND to see if I want to buy more.

4 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw those markers somewhere else as well, how do you think they do? Do you forget to change them? I would like to know your opinion from personal use. :o)

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I dig that checkerboard too!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger KnitMe said...

LOVE the checkerboard patterning! If I read correctly, you "removed" a 1" section out of EVERY row on the foot? And either knit yout tails in or spliced. The effect is fabulous!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Actually, I knit for about 1.5 inches, then removed about and inch of yarn or so. I did it four times (so I had four extra tails).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home