Sunday, May 06, 2007

Maryland

Thanks to the Degenerates for a good time at Maryland yesterday! The weather was great and the sheepburgers where yummy. I missed all the meetups, but I got some good stuff.

So what did I come home with?

2 skeins STR mediumweight
4 skeins Sheldrige farms fingering yarn
2 skeins Autumnhouse farms Herwick Fine sock yarn
A fleece washing bag
2 sets CP dpns
2 border leicester fleeces, a white and a gray
handcards
wool wash
jacob roving
CVM roving
alpaca/silk roving
a Chasing rainbows silk brick
a cool ceramic bowl spindle
4 soaps
Moth be-gone
indigo dye
A Lucy Neatby pattern

Fleeces
I washed one of the fleeces last night and it came out great! It's mostly drying, but I combed a sample to try. Dealing with raw wool isn't that hard after all.

Cutter
Oh, yes, I indeed cut in line for the STR but I promise it was an accident. I came to the STR booth from inside the barn and didn't see the giant line going outside. The people I noted standing around where in checkout. I already had been shopping for a minute or two and had two skeins before somebody (and Christina) yelled. I just got out of the way of everyone fast and kept what I had (I would have bought more otherwise).

Sorry about that again! I've never seen a line at Maryland for getting IN a booth, it's always been a get-in-and-grab fest. Oh well.

4 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Aponia said...

What kind of wool wash did you get? It was really nice seeing you and your amazingly long hair!!! We should all have a play date for out new yarns purchased at the fair!
And I know its late but....congrats on the new house!!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Mariss said...

CUTTER! Ha ha. I was right next to you and didn't realize the line was to get in either. I thought it was to pay. It's not like you killed anyone, people need to chill out. I got yelled at by someone who thought I was trying to cut in another line. I was just standing in place trying to continue shopping because I was sandwiched between bags and yarn and ladies.

Great stuff you got though!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger jeannie said...

You should know I just started reading your blog after Ken told me about it. I'm a beginning knitter and am very inspired by your ideas (a FSM is in my near future!)

I wanted to go to the festival, I've never been to one, but it wasn't in the cards this year.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger aija said...

Oh man, I'm laughing about the line @ the STR booth!! Don't those crazy knittas know they can order online?! Sorry you got yelled at, I'm sure I'd have done the same thing :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home