Monday, May 21, 2007

My Mom is cooler then your Mom

Yesterday was my Mom's Birthday. Since she didn't email me to tell me what she wanted (ahem), here is a blog post in her honor. Leave a comment and let me know five reasons why your Mom is cool.

My Mom Is Cooler then your Mom
1) Mom taught me to knit, sew and cross stitch.
2) She can beat my pants off at cards, darts and Ms. Pacman.
3) She makes the best mac and cheese, ever. A good white Russian, too!
4) She can identify (and attract) lots of songbirds.
5) Rescues (and sometimes adopts) barn kittens.

4 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee!!! I like #2!

My mom's cool because she's hip to the blog scene. (reading them)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger AR said...

Cool! Happy b-day to your mom.

My mom taught me to knit and craft, too.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Mariss said...

Awwww. Your mom sounds really cool, from all you've said about her. Ms. Pacman is awesome! Go Sherry's mom.

My mom is cool because she puts up with me! Oh, and because she's the nicest and most fun woman alive!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger RuTemple said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

My mom taught me about ledger lines (doing calligraphy for various groups) around the same time I was learning to read and write.

She kindly allowed her mom to teach me to crochet - I still have the wooden-handled hook Grandma gave me.

My mom taught me to weave, and to crochet (including some wild-and-silly soft sculptures with hand-dyed yarns!), and when at six I expressed interest in cross-stitch, pulled out idea-books and a blank towel, her collection of embroidery floss (to which we then both contributed over the rest of my adolescence and shared even during those difficult teen years), proper needles, and showed me how to do counted cross stitch.
2-dimensional design projects came over a decade later...

my mom is the coolest thing alive, because she just gave me her Norwood 4-harness floor loom from the winter house now that they've closed that up for sale.

She also Knits.

Here's to the coolest moms on Earth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home