Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The real reason moving sucks

So you think your in the clear. You've moved, nothing major was broken, and your internet is hooked up. It appears the roof doesn't leak, and your almost all unpacked. Hey, you think, why not whip out the wheel for a spell?

100_4257.JPG

Huh. No flyer. Kinda needs that part. Now, I remember seeing a box. It was labeled 'flyers'. Well there are only a few boxes left, so this can't be hard.

100_4252.jpg

Not here...

How about near the Buddha?
100_4253.jpg

No flyers. I know, the pile of books near the basement door. I bet it got put over there.

100_4254.jpg

Shit. On second thought, I'm pretty sure they where in a smaller, white box. Maybe it got stuck in the weird ass surrealist closet.

100_4256.jpg

Empty. (like my soul)

Under the bed? The sofa? In the basement? No. Hell, maybe it got thrown out. *Freaking out starts....now* My god, my Woolee Winder is in there! Maybe the cat stole it. Where the hell would it be?!? A small white box!!

100_4255.jpg

Oh yes, in the pantry. Of course.
(Repeat process for various objects 50 more times over the next several weeks)

10 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh dear god, I'm laughing because how many times have I done that??????

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger aija said...

I held my breath thinking you lost the flyer!! Sorry it took a bit to find it, maybe the flyer was hungry :)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Mariss said...

Thank god you found it! I was getting very sad for you!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Phew! Glad you found it! That closet is wild! Hoping you get all sorted out soon! Moving is no fun!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Your closet needs an appropriately surreal art installation inside.

Happy that you found the flyer! I hate those household searches.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

yeah moving stinks. but hopefully you will not have to do it again for a very long time!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Aaaargh! It's so frustrating. Why doesn't everything that goes together fit in one box? It just never works out that way.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Jamisyn said...

Oh my goodness, I just moved and went through the same thing! You think you remember where you put a specific box, you think you remember what was written on the box you are looking for. Then, it turns out you were looking for the wrong box altogether, and the boxes somehow got mislabeled anyways.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you. I have three of those surreal closets. They're cute and quirky, but these are not good qualities for closets.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I feel for you Lunastrixae! I'm moving too! Wishing you well with the unpacking.


Just a note to say hello and let you know i haven't forgotten about you! I'm waiting for some wonderfully soft and yummy goodness to make its way to me so I can finish your second package!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home