Monday, September 24, 2007

DPN Heaven

So I promised to tell you what I thought about the Harmony DPNS. I loves them. They are my favorite DPN, trumping the more expensive (bit still nice) Crystal Palace bamboo.

I honestly have nothing bad to say, but since lots of hearts and kisses are not helpful, here they are in comparison to some other needles.
100_4477.JPG
(click to make bigger)

There is a Crystal Palace bamboo, a Harmony and an Inox metal, all US1. The tip of the harmony really isn't so much sharper, but it has a longer taper, so the stitches just cruise along. In fact I've casually knit 3/4 a sock in a few days- a record for me.

The colors are great- witht he thin needles the laminate wood stripes along the needle, so as they rotate around they seem to turn color. Fun!
100_4480.JPG
No breaking or bending so far.

I have to say I don't understand why the DPN sets come in two different metric sizes for each US size. Seems like confusion to me. So I'll just order the standard US sizes.

5 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say it is because the metric sizes are more finely tuned, or something like that. That's why! Thanks for the review!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Mariss said...

Thanks for the review, Sherry! They are fun, and I enjoyed trying out the circulars of the Harmony you had last week.

I do love Crystal Palace dpns, so will need to get a pair of these one day.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Good info to know!! Go you on the sock!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Great review--and thanks for putting them up next to other dpns. I like their point!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger aija said...

I like my Harmonies too! I have interchangeables and wow... they're awesome :)

I'm glad they're offering the metric & standard us sizes-- they started w/ the metric in metal to be like addis but sometimes I want that .25mm difference :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home