Friday, September 14, 2007

New Knitty!

So the new Knitty is out, as many of you know. Here are my quick picks.

So far I really like the woodins, little tree spirits bases on the Kodama in Princess Mononoke.

Complete with little tree to hide in, it would make a great gift from any leftover skeins you may have floating around. I'd love to find a little rattle that some baby toys have to stick inside them!


Next is Totally Autumn, which could be a shawl or a throw.



I enjoy heaver weight lace and I love variegated yarns in lace. I even have yarn in my stash that will work. Pulled Taffy by Decedent Fibers. So it's a home run for me.

taffy.jpg

Next is Mr. GreenJeans:



The cable rib gives it lots of fit where I need it. I almost have enough stash yarn for it too, but I may be short yardage wise. I haven't decided if I'm willing to risk it. Maybe if I do all rib and leave out the cables? Hm.

Those are my favorite three, but honorable mention goes to the foliage hats, and can see them being a someday knit from handspun.

A very solid Knitty over all. There are certainly things I'm not as thrilled over (the sweatersleeve pattern that is a bit too similar to the one in Scarf Style, IMO) and a few that are just not for me. However it's nice to see Knitty staying playful while moving a bit away from the hip knitGrrl phase.

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Mariss said...

Cute stuff! I looked at Knitty right after, and think I may knit the Muir shawl for my mom with some seasilk I have for her...

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I definitely want Mr. Greenjeans for myself.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Batty said...

I'm having problems with the new knitty as well. My must knit list grew alarmingly the second I laid eyes on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home