Saturday, September 22, 2007

Now with more owls

I couldn't help myself. After making my aunt's Hedwig I wanted an owl of my own.

100_4472.JPG

I changed the pattern in charmed knits to eliminate the ill-fitting base and to knit in the round. I have the details in Ravelry, but if you leave me a comment I'll note the boring details here.

I also made him a little fatter, but perhaps I got carried away there. I've been calling him Pudgy Owl!

I also couldn't keep from another sock cast on:
100_4474.jpg

This is Regia Galaxy that I've long hunted. It's not quite the patterning I was hoping for, even though I changed stitch counts several times. This was the best I could do. Still, the color changes and arrows keep me knitting just a few more rows.

I'm using my Knitpicks Harmony DPNs, and it's all love. I'll have a comparison review this weekend.

Showing a complete lack of self control this week I bashed the yarn diet to bits and bought 3 more skeins of sock yarn. Carol had an update and I had to have this cool skein of yarn.

Autumn House farms is running a %20 off yarn sale. I bought 2 skeins of Herdwick, my all time fav sock yarn. I mean, %20 off, that's $14 for hand dyed sock yarn. How could I not?

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love your newest Owl!! Sock is looking good too!! Oh oh..that Herdwick yarn is very nice!!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

He's so cute!!! I love the chubby owl!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Just one more and you'll have three owls! Ha ha!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The sock looks great! It might not be literally "galaxies", but still has a space-y feel to it. And the owl is super-cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home