Sunday, September 02, 2007

mystery projects

'Mystery' Knitting

Nope, I'm not knitting a funky monowing shawl- I'm happy I didn't get on board with that project, no offense. Just not for me, that wing would have made me cry if I had knit along with the clues.

I'm trying to get a jump on the holidays this year. I have a few things planned, and I can't blog about them. I'll try to intersperse them with non-secret projects so you don't see a blank blog.

One thing I can show you is this little guy for my aunt, who I'm pretty sure doesn't read this.

100_4423.jpg

This is a Hedwig owl doll. Or really, what appears to be a sock with wings. It's the Errol pattern from Charmed Knits. I can't say I'm charmed with him now. Hopefully a beak, eyes, feet and jaunty house scarf will make him better.

The other mystery knitting I'm working on is coming out well. All I can say is that here are a LOT of ends on this project. Let me point you over to the knitting in your ends tutorial from sockpr0n. if I didn't knit my ends like this, I would have screamed and thrown it away.


Spinning


Here are some singles from blended batts from Loop! on Etsy.
100_4421.jpg
She makes amazing batts!

I finished and hooked up another skein of yarn for my Four-Generation shawl. One more large skein to spin and a night or two of crochet, and it will be done.
100_4432.jpg

6 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hedwig is looking good, lovely handspun and nice shawl! :)

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee, yeah I think once you get the details on him he'll look like more than just a mute penguin that needs a wing-shave.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

That yarn worked out great for his wings!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Batty said...

That owl is going to be so cute! The yarn you picked for the wings is all fuzzy and snuggly looking, she'll be fantastic.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I love the shawl.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger AR said...

I think Hedwig is going to be very cute!
Great spinning and knitting! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home