Monday, September 10, 2007

Shaved Penguin?

Does he look more like an owl now???

100_4438.jpg

I think he's cute. I made the eyes out of polyclay with a wire shank. They are crooked- should I resew or leave them googgly?

My Aunt says she was sorted a Griffendor, so I'm going to make him a quick little house scarf. I only had cherry red yarn scraps, so I overdyed it with Black Cherry kool aid. It's not close enough. No way was I going to buy a skein of yarn for a few yards to finish a one skein project! His scarf may be done tonight.

I may make another one for me with some pattern revisions, like knitting the body in the round and getting rid of the wonky 'base' piece. I have a lone skein of brown tweed that would make a good owl (and bust some stash).

bracken

I bought the wood tips for the Knitpicks Options Harmony set. I was able to see Amy Singer's before they came out. So after stalking Knitpicks and calling them to find out the relase date, I jumped right on them. I'll post a pick as soon as I get them. However, I do not recall them being as bright as shown on the web. They are very slick and pointy, and i think will live up to the hype, unless you prefer blunt really grabby wood needles.

4 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

He is looking infinately more owl-like. And I love his wonky eyes!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

I like the wonky eyes too! He's cute!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Yup, I dig the wonky eyes too. Very cute!

I still wouldn't buy them just because I already have a needle set--but those new KPs looked pretty darn cool!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I like the owl. Leave his eyes as they are. They look great.

My wood KP tips are ordered, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home