Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Getting through

Thanks for your input on finishing. I'll let you know what the project is soon, but it's kind of top secret right now. I decided that if I work on it and nothing but it all week, I should be done with it in just a few more days.

I bought my reward already, another cool small project bag from Piddleloop. The folks of the Goldfishy bag fame. I usually work on smaller projects so I actually found myself wishing I had another one. I know it's weird buying your treat first, but she sells out so fast so I had to grab it. I won't open it until I finish my project, though. I promise!


I did manage to finish of my shawl this last weekend. It's my first large scale handspun project and the first time I processed and carded the stinky wool.

100_4502.JPG

Tell me now, if crochet isn't pretty.
100_4500.jpg

I expected this shawl to be a little dumpy, something warm to wear around the house. In fact it blocked out quite nicely. It's also proof that your handspun does not have to be perfect to make a decent garment. It was my first time spinning woolen yarn, and gads there are some slubs and underspun bits here and there. It all worked out in the end, though, see? Everyone should knit with their handspun as soon as they can spin singles enough to ply.

5 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Mariss said...

Sherry, I think it is so gorgeous! I'm very proud of you. From sheep to shawl!

I would like to resist spinning because the last thing I need is another hobby. I do like to be a spinner vicariously through you!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Crochet is very pretty! Nice baggie too.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I believe in rewarding yourself. The bag is great, better than another skein of sock yarn or Anne, hehehehe

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty shawl!!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

wow that is a very pretty shawl. i love actually using handspun instead of just accumulating it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home