Monday, October 01, 2007

Stupid season- with pics!

You may remember my observations on the Student Election Campaigns here at the University. This year I thought you may fully enjoy the campus experience with some select campaign poster pictures.

Yes, I'm picking on these people, I'm sure I'm going to hell. However I find it hard to imagine that they took these posters very seriously, and couldn't fault me for a laugh. IMO, if you are going to be silly in public it's OK for me to take pictures and make fun of you. However, I blocked out the full names of the candidates who I'm sure are lovely people (who made bad poster choices).

Excuses over, on to the bitchiness!

THE CATEGORIES
BOOZE
Sadly I wasn't able to find one alcohol related poster this year. I can only assume there was a new rule against it at the Uni.
Plenty of brand name infringement however, even if it wasn't beer and vodka.

Apparently headphones make the best student leaders.

SO COOL!

Wouldn't you want to vote for this guy?

Great pun, dude. Must have taken you hours.

Same guy obviously going for the female vote and hey, maybe a date too!


I'm not sure what this guy's poster was about, but I wonder how many pictures his friend took for him to look all hip on his celly.


"THIS is" college guy!

Joe College and his polo/baseball hat combo. I bet he was wearing cargo shorts and flip flops too.

"ALWAYS available", huh? I'm not sure if she's going for the 'looking like a ho to be popular like Britney' thing...

...or 'vote for me I have no life' pity thing.

Cartoons

Mr. Pak went with the retro look of PACMAN, I'm sure with the full endorsement of ATARI.

Platform: more security on campus to protect students from gangs of ghosts. Better tasting energy pellets in the dining hall.


Mr. Peter spared no expense and used the images of Disney:

All men in student government should wear tights and have pixie friends. It would liven things up.


Crazy


Very sadly I don't have a photo of this one. I think it was torn down. It was about 5 feet tall and all black text, so here is a re-creation.

Yeah, go women in politics! Can you see it now?
"CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES A SAUSAGEFEST"

God bless democracy!

5 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post just made my day!
hahaha

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger aija said...

Holy...

She said sausagefest :)

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I know I shouldn't laugh at sausagefest, but how can I not?

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Sherri, this "election" was so stupid indeed. And so meaningless. I mean, what can freshmen possibly know about Penn after 2 weeks of school?

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're freshmen. They're not necessarily supposed to have any intelligence yet.(Lord knows I was an idiot my freshman year. And now I'm shocked by some of the crazy things the Harvard freshman are saying. And how young they look. I'm so glad I'm not a freshman anymore.)

My year, one of my suite-mates who was running had the following slogan:

Free Sex!
Now that I have your attention, you should vote for [guy's name].

Etc.

I being a freshman at the time was amused by this. It was also amusing because there was this guy (who I became friends with later in the year) who had the same first name as my suite-mate, and this guy was a crazy religious ultra-orthodox Jew at the time, so the idea of his name being on a "free sex" poster (since I think the poster only had the guy's first name) was amusing.

By the way (having nothing to do with your post) I ended up getting a spinning wheel as a graduation present this summer, and now am happily spinning away (Ok, not now. Now I'm typing.) So thanks for showing me how to spin in knitting circle back in February.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home