Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Alpac- ahhhh

As promised, this is the rest of my yarn pr0n from the Alpaca farm!

100_4568.jpg
Some natural fawn colored lace weight.

100_4569.jpg
Some DK weight orange, enough for a hat.

It's really nice yarn and the price was right. I do think the mill who did the skein put up had their thumbs on the scales, though. I checked on two scales, an each skein was underweight about .5 ounces, which makes me concerned about estimating yardage for projects. If my friends also find this to be true, I may write them a nice note. They may have not checked the weights themselves.

I also have a little roving (also underweight *sigh*) That I hope to spin up soon.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Very pretty yarn! Too bad it's underweight, though. I hope it's enough.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

My gosh, this is certainly some yummy yarn pr0n - both skeins are so gorgeous, I can't for the life of me decide which one's more beautiful! Looking forward to seeing what you're going to knit with it - I sure hope you'll have enough of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home