Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Yarn Mecca

Last weekend 5 intrepid knitters rented a minivan and trekked the 5 hours to WEBS, an Alpaca farm, Northhampton Wools, and a weekend with Lisa's family. Lisa has a summary of the events and more pictures. So I'll just add some comments.

One, I had a cold, and the ladies let me come and sneeze all over them anyway. What a swell bunch of gals.
Webs is crazy. It's a yarn, spinning, weaving store with a warehouse out back. I think at first we where overwhelmed and had empty baskets.
100_4543.jpg

I mean this is a place where they supply shopping carts for yarn.
100_4541.jpg
Soon, we came to our senses and the yarn fights began.
100_4545.jpg
No, actually we were well behaved. There was enough for all and fisticuffs where avoided.
100_4550.jpg
At the end of the day we where surprised to see we had all purchased a rather reasonable amount of yarn. (I'll tell you what I got later).

Northhampton is a cute college town, with lots of shops and pubs.
100_4547.jpg
It reminded me of Ithaca where I grew up.


The next day, boosted by Jeanie and Ed's delicious home cooking, we went to Southwind farms, home of some very pampered cuties.

100_4559.jpg

100_4556.jpg

We bought some very reasonable farm fresh roving and yarns too! It was worth a few detours to get there!

Thanks Regina, Marissa and Lisa for driving, Rhonda for teaching me what a 'pants role' (not roll) is, and everyone thanks for the fun and good company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home