Thursday, December 27, 2007

Nothing but Knit

Christmas over, and I'm happy to say I got everything done.

Here is my Mom's Boteh scarf, from Schaefer's Anne yarn:
boteh4.JPG

I finished the beeping Swallowtail shawl just in time to block the day before I left on vacation:
100_4570.jpg

Oh, and the problem with it? The budding lace section was all in garter stitch instead of stockinette. Overall it doesn't make a big difference in the finished product, but I wonder how I didn't notice it until the end.

To get over the stress of the shawl, I brought a new sock with me on vacation, in one of my favorite hoarded skeins of Black Bunny yarn100_4872.JPG
This "brain freeze' colorway reminds me of chocolate frosted cupcakes with multicolor sprinkles.

I'm finishing the last heel of these languishing Regia socks.
100_4874.JPG

Tomorrow I'm going to do some spinning and carding. I'll show you some of the wool from my Sheep Adoption Program too!

6 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Lovely shawl, and the scarf is nice and bright. I love bright. That's also why I now covet the brain freeze yarn. Beautiful!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Everything is lovely...and no, I could not for the life of me figure out what you did wrong on the swallowtail...therefore it is perfect! (because I said so... hehehehe)

Really, really love the Brain Freeze :)

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Nevertheless, the shawl looks lovely. Consider it a "characteristic," not a flaw. :-)

Is that that new Regia Galaxy?

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Pretty shawl and scarf! Your Galaxy socks are looking good. I finally scored some in blue! :)

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow. YOu've been busy. I prefer stockinette over garter stitch anyway...

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Sandra Croche said...

Hi............ My name is Sandra Coatti, lives in the Brazil and seeing the American sites of crochet, I got passionate for BOTEH SCARF but and dificil to find the book in the Brazil. Voce could m order the grafico or prescribes. Beijos..Sandra Coatti My email is:sandra.coatti@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home