Monday, December 31, 2007

Sheepie Children

Some people do those Feed The Children things where they adopt kids in other countries and give them some loose change every day instead of a cup of coffee. I adopt sheep from vanCalcar Acres farm.

My greatful ewes sent me two bags full.

100_4879.JPG

I was a little concerned with the staple, smaller then I'm used to spinning. But nice crimp.
100_4880.jpg

It was pretty clean (I paid a bit extra for scouring) especially for sheep that do not wear blankets. There was some small field bits here and there, but nothing that couldn't be picked/shaken out when carding.

100_4881.JPG

I spun up a bit of heavy laceweight with my supported spindle

100_4899.JPG


and it drafted just fine. Nice, soft woolen spun fluffy spoingy yarn.

100_4897.JPG

100_4898.JPG


The wool is excellent, and while you may be waiting a bit for it while the sheep grow it, it's fun. The extras where nice too. So if you'd like to join next year, the new sheep for your selection will be up foor next year's program soon!

5 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

what a lovely present from your bah bah babies...arrrrarrrarrr!

Happy new year!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful fleece! Fluffy fiber, beautiful spinning. What a happy thing.

Happy New Year!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger aija said...

Neat program! Happy spinning and new years!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Very cool!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Mariss said...

How awesome! Can't wait to see it in person :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home